Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Deer Towel

This is the towel I embroidered for my sister. She has a really cool Deer tattoo on her lower back that reminded me of this one. I will have to get a pic of the one on her back.
I told her it was sewers choice as to what pattern I was going to do for her, but as soon as I saw this one I new I had to do it for her. She has gone deer hunting for as long as I can remember. She can kill em' clean em' and cook em' like no one else I know!
This is one of the bigger projects that I thought I would try to do back stitching on. When I first started embroidering I always used the chain stitch and then I tried the stem stitch. I did all three of them on this project, but the deer head is all done in the back stitch. I made the eye a little too bulky to be seen clearly, but I really like how it stands out against the rest of it. I have seen other projects done where the shadowy parts are in a darker color and maybe I would try that next time. I still stink at French Knots, maybe one day I will get it.

This pattern is by Sublime Stitching of course and I think it's from the Forest Friends pack. Find them Here

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks Janet, I love the towell, your comment made me laugh about my hunting. :-)