Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kokeshi Towel










Here is the third towel I tried to embroider. I found this Free pattern over at Sublime Stitching : http://www.sublimestitching.com/freepattern_kokeshi (sorry I don't know how to do the shortcuts yet).

You can print it out on your home computer, hold it up to the light and trace it onto your towel and your good to go. They also have a gallery you can upload your creations too when you're done.

I used 3 strands for most of it and 6 for the hair because I wanted it to look nice & thick. I made this for my friend Danielle who made me the Mini Sushi Cakes when Goldy was in town. She is half Japanese and has a large collection of these dolls in her house. I packed it up in this cute box I had laying around and tucked her in there like she was sleeping.

I have never seen any of the cool patterns that I am finding online lately, I am really excited to try out some more :D I have one that I am working on and will post when I am done.

No comments: