Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Completed Wedding Invitations

Here they are! I finally finished 165 of them last Friday night. I was supposed to bring them to my cousin's shower on Saturday, but I was actually really sick last week and couldn't make it to the shower so my wonderful sister and mother brought em with them to the shower.

Thanks Mom and Michelle!

They are 6 1/4" x 6 1/4" on Opal Stardream paper for the outside folder.

The band on the front is dark Chocolate Brown Basis Card Stock paper that I bought in huge Parent Sheets and cut down to 1 1/8" x 14". The green is Olive text weight Basis paper cut to approx 1" x 14".
The front square is a 2 1/8" square punch by Marvy Uchida, the Purple one. We(my husband) printed the front square on the computer in full sheets and trimmed them to approx 2" x 2" because we couldn't find a punch the right size. Then I stamped the center flourish thing with a clear stamp in a lighter green ink.









The Cherry Blossom branch stamp is by Rubber Stampede. I kept thinking it looked like a Dogwood branch. That was the look we wanted anyway... I stamped them all in Chocolate Chip Ink by Stampin Up and colored them in with Prisma Colored pencils.


The RSVP"s were printed 4 to a page(I think they call it a 4 Bar) so it was easy to cut in half and then in half again. They are a postcard style so you don't have to buy an extra envelope, plus pay the extra postage. this way you only have to pay the Postcard rate.

The maps were printed 2 to a page then trimmed down(again by my husband) to approx. 5 1/2" x 5 3/4". We first used the map off of the reception website and then decided to make our own because theirs really didn't make sense. My husband made it Microsoft Publisher and added the river, important roads and other important markers. Then he typed the driving directions on the bottom.






The main invite wording was done on a cream paper that co-ordinated with the outside Opal color and was matted in the same Olive Green Basis text weight paper and a gold paper. The wedding colors are lots of Green Flowers and a small amount of Golds and Dusty Rose.
You can click on any of the photos to see them bigger.
This is an extra one so don't mind any of the "flaws" hahaha

Thanks for looking!
I also have to add how much I enjoyed this process. I have been working on it since January with my cousin, going back and forth with different ideas. I feel like I wouldn't have come up with this all on my own without my cousin's great feedback. Her family was so easy to work with and it was truly a joy being able to do these for them and have them be so happy with them. Thanks to the Brinkman's and Zika's for letting me be a part of this!

4 comments:

On Second Street said...

Those are so beautiful!!! I love the blossoms.

Mandy said...

Love you invitation! I was wondering if you would share your template for the folder portion of the invite? If not, that's fine too.
Thanks in advance,
- Mandy

Unknown said...

I love your invitations. My daughter is considering the same template for her spring 2010 wedding. would you share your template with me also. Also what was the finish size for the envelopes? Thank You
Jan

Laura Faye said...

These are lovely wedding invitations. I need to make something similar for a bride and having a hard time finding a template for the folder portion. I am wondering if you are willing to share yours? If not, that's ok...I'll just keep looking. Thanks in advance.
Laura