Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blast Off

I recently purchased this awesome Space/Rocket stamp set at Michael's and I think it's by Recollections. The paper is some co-ordinating stuff that they have out right now too.
I stamped some of the stars on the envelope to add a little more fun to it all.
I frayed the edges of the burgundy and the cream colored papers by using my X-Acto knife on the edges.
I stamped the Happy Birthday(I think they are K.I. clear stamps) and then colored it in with colored pencils. I stamped some random stars around on the card for balance and colored them also.
I stamped the rocket and then colored it with colored pencils and added Diamond Glaze to the window and the very tip to make them shine.
Here is the weekend sketch challenge that I based my card upon. It is a pretty literal version of the layout, but I think it will work good for a fun boys birthday card.

No comments: