Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sketch Challenge TESC105

I made this card for my quilting sister-in-laws' ( Alysons Petals) birthday. We had a small gathering at my parents house last weekend.

Sometimes it is easier to get started when you have a card layout to start from.

I found this one over at Taylored Expressions and thought it would be a fun one to use! I just bought my first Nestibilities Dies and finally tried them out. I think I need more practice to get a good emboss too...

This is some more of the fun paper I bought at Crafts Direct when I was there. I had to use a bird stamp on it because Alyson really seems to be into birds lately! She even posted something on Facebook about being old because she likes birds :) I colored them in with Prisma Colored Pencils.

I also worked really hard to make a yummy cake from scratch. It was good, but very rich! It took me all day to make the filling, the frosting and the cake, but well worth it.

Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and raspberry/whip cream filling. yum.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Oh, it was yum alright! Loved the card and the cake...Thanks Janet!