Friday, September 26, 2008

SImple Joys in Life








This is a card I made for the National Alzheimer’s Association contest on Carolyn King's blog. We were supposed to make a card for someone who's a caregiver to someone with Alzheimer's.

My grandma is in the early stages of Alzheimer's and needs a lot of extra help with daily things. I made this card for my mother who is one of her caregivers. My mother and her siblings were told to enjoy the good times "in that moment" because their mom might not remember it later that day or the next, but it's still very real.

This stamp just reminds me of the simple fun in life.

I actually found this stamp at Big Lots for $2, I knew I really wanted it but wasn't sure what I would use it on. The solid pink paper is from Joann's and the pink patterned paper I bought at a garage sale. The flower is a silk flower that I took apart. The scallop is a Marvy punch. I used the Threading Waters punch on the border. TFL!

No comments: