Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas Already?

Yep! It is at my house :) I am a Christmas dork. I have been listening to Christmas Music for the past couple months, my daughter & I (and my DH when we couldn't reach something) put up our first tree this weekend. I say "first" because we usually put up two or three of them. I have this cool old silver 50's one that we decorate all funky & fun and we have a traditional one we got from my father-in-law. It seems that every year we decorate the traditional one a little different. Some years we make it red and green, some years we make it bright and funky and some years we put all of the handmade and personalized ornaments on it. This year it looks like a little of everything! My daughter is five now & she kind of took over the decorating. It may not be perfectly balanced out, but it sure was fun to see her get so excited and be so proud of her work!

Do you have any favorite holiday albums that you listen too? One of my favorites has been Mariah Carey's Merry Christmas album from 1994. I don't even know if she has a new one & I don't have any of her other albums, but I really enjoy this one!

I hope you all can find the joy in preparing for the upcoming holidays too.

No comments: