Friday, March 27, 2009

You so Deserve it







I finally had a little time to head to the craft room and work on a card looooong past due. My good friend Goldy Locks(see below) works harder than anyone I know. She moved to Nashville a few years ago and has wanted to buy a property there instead of rent. In January she closed on it and has been remodeling it. I am so proud of her, no one deserves a cool place to call her own more than she does! She totally rocks!(like for real)


I started with black card stock(6x6 square) and then cut two off white pieces and roughed up the edges with my exacto knife. I cut the polka dot paper and the awesome red star paper and then inked the edges and sides with my Versafine Sepia ink. I stamped the image of the chick and masked off her arm to stamp the guitar by Inkadinkado in her hand. I kinda think it works :} I paper pieced the darker brown shirt and then colored the rest with some colored pencils. Her hair has pink in the front because the last time I saw my bud that's how her hair looked. I took some silver scraps and ran them through my crimper at an angle to look like corrugated metal and cut them out to be like photo corners. The star was cut on my cricut and then scored to give it dimension. I popped up the center image of the chick, the star and the "cloud" sentiment. I also inked the edges of the stamped image so it wasn't so bright white.

I wrote on the inside with a silver pen and it looks really cool! I hope she digs it as much as I do...

Thanks for looking. and commenting...

No comments: