Thursday, October 16, 2008

House Warming Card


A friend of mine just moved back to town after many years. I made this card to welcome them into their new house.

I'll admit - it got a little bit busy and I'm not sure I love it, but it was fun to try something new, including doodling. I cut the house, tree and blue flower with my Cricut. I rubbed Tim Holtz aging ink on the house and the message. I freehand cut the cloud(aged the edges with pear ink) and for the scalloped circle I used my Marvey punch and trimmed off the extra. I taped a red piece of paper behind the window cutouts for dimension and traced around the edges of the card, house, tree & scalloped circle. I found a similar message in the latest Paper Crafts Magazine. I think it fits because sometimes it's just hard to move to a different place... TFL!

No comments: