Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Daughter's Birthday Inviatations















Here are the invitations I made for my daughters 5th Birthday party. It actually came together really quickly & I like the simplicity of it. We are not really "western" people, we do live in Minnesota after all. But she wanted a pony party(a rainbow pony party) and this was my take on it!

I had them mostly put together but not quite finished and I came down to my craft room, which she has her own space and stuff to use in there, and found her "helping" me finish them! She had colored with crayons on some paper, cut it out with decorative scissors and used a tape runner to tape the pieces on the middle of the scalloped circle where the 5 was going to go or the bottom corner. It was so sweet that she wanted to help, but I just didn't plan on it so I was caught a little off guard :)

So I made a gate fold card and added a belly band that you slide off to open. My DH helped with the crazy wording. Some of the words he used were: Partners, Posse, Wiggle on, Skedaddle, Cowgirl, Mosey, Ranch and Bib & Tucker. He wanted to say something about Scuttlebutt, but I just thought you can't put "butt" in a five year olds invitation!

The base card stock was from a pack of Misc light grey. The Horseshoe paper is Happy Trails by Flair Designs, Light brown is Archiver's stock, Blueish and red are bulk from Joann's and the 5 is cut out of brown Misc from a paper pack. No stamping! I typed the inside message on my computer & printed it out on white card stock. I inked the edges of the horseshoe paper and the white with Expresso brown ink. Whew! TFL!

No comments: