Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mini Pizza Box









Monday's challenge on Splitcoast Stampers is "Try a New Technique". This week it was a mini pizza box. I thought, what? that doesn't sound like something I want to try. Then I saw the photos in the gallery and changed my mind! Here is a link to the tutorial : http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388026


I have a friend who lives in Nashville and will randomly send a note & a gift to my kiddo. My daughter loves to get something in the mail with her name on it and it's always something unexpected. This time she really wanted to make something to send back to her as a surprise. I am working on all of these treats for the upcoming craft sale (http://www.cafsmw.org/calendar/index.php) so I thought we would make a little treat holder to send her along with another little goofy thing we had.


The box is made out of Joann's textured green paper and I sanded the edges(hint-don't over sand), I also punched a half circle at the bottom to make it easier to open. Burgundy from Joann's. The polka dot paper is Bo Bunny and I stamped the bird($ section at Michael's) in Pear by Paper Salon. "So glad we're friends" is part of the Best Yet hostess set by SU! stamped in Cranberry by Adirondack, Orange ribbon is by Chatterbox. Orange rhinestones are $ pack from ? Scalloped edge is made with the Threading Water punch by Fiskars. TFL!

1 comment:

America said...

Oh Janet, you made such a neat little pizza gift box. I love the images and the colors and the distressed edges, all of it. And oh yes, not to mention those wonderful gifted chocolates... yummy! :) So awesome to see you around and so happy we are in touch! tfs